Professional Academic Training
ABOUT PLAB STRATEGIES
A Well-Respected Educator
Our main focus is to prepare the physician to practice medicine in the United Kingdom through THE PLAB TWO examination pathway. Teaching sound and proven medical knowledge was the defining aspect in the foundation of Plab Strategies.
Dr. Lianne Wachira and her team- all who have excelled in the Plab 2 exam with high scores- have successfully trained and prepared international doctors for the Plab 2 exam and for practice as successful UK physicians.
Our unique approach has been a shining example for other professionals who after excelling in this exam have
gone ahead to become tutors and teachers in the same field: A GREAT LEGACY
With a true dedication to sharing knowledge, we continue to educate the physician in:
- The patient centered approach
- Principles in Preventative Medicine
- Effective and Focused data collection, history taking, examination skills
- Effective Management of various disease and disorders including emergency and trauma patients
- The application of Interpersonal skills, care and compassion in the Fields of Medicine
ADVANCE YOUR CLINICAL SKILLS BY TRAINING AT OUR CENTER IN MANCHESTER, U.K.
English is my 3rd language, I am a wife, a mother and a doctor. I had already failed the Plab exam once. Thank you so much Dr Lianne, I didnt think I would make it this covid season. Thank you for the extended course and the mock package with your team, the mocks were so hard- but they have made me a better doctor. Dr Lianne even your encouragement for me to apply for Dermatology and your help with my interview- I succeeded and soon I will be an NHS doctor. May The Almighty Bless you.
Dr Katia A.
OVERVIEW OF COURSES
- In person and online lecturesPlab Strategies Clinical Training Center
- Reserve on Booking PagePersonalized 1:1 Feedback
- Reserve on Booking Page1:1 CoachingReserve on Booking Page1:1 CoachingEvery attempt of the Plab examination should not be taken as a failure but as an opportunity to be corrected in the mistakes you have made in patient management. Do not despair or be too critical of your performance- let us help by reviewing your score card and pointing out where you can improve.
- OngoingWhatsApp Study Groups
THE PLAB STRATEGIES PATHWAY TO EXCEL IN PLAB 2
Set time aside to prepare for the Plab 2 examination. This time should be fully dedicated to hard work, daily practice and constant review of CKS and NHS guidelines.
DO NOT RELY ON PAST RECALLS. This is not safe practice for a medical doctor. Reinforce your knowledge through evidence based practice, medical literature and research. You are preparing to deal with real patients, safety is your first priority.
KEY PRINCIPLE: When you are with any patient, listen to them attentively. Be compassionate. Take an organized history, explain their disease in a language they can understand, offer safe management within the boundaries of a foundation year doctor
Recommended preparation time is 6-7 weeks. Do not extend the process as retention of material starts to wane after a while, especially if your are interrupting your study.
Once you start your preparation DO NOT STOP. Reinforce your medical knowledge for 2-3 weeks, then practice your medical skills, examinations and procedures for another 4 weeks.
Allow adequate time to practice with timers; and most importantly time for rest and recuperation before the exam.
4TH/FINAL ATTEMPT PLAB 2 CANDIDATES: Do not be disheartened; go back to the drawing board and find our where your made mistakes. Arrange a score card review. To further support you, we will offer 2 WEEKS FREE mannequin practice in our center in Manchester to prepare you for the exam.
SKILL IS IMPROVED WITH DAILY PRACTICE
To ensure you have adequate experience, we have provided specialized mannequins to ensure you are more than prepared for your duties as an FY2 in the UK. You will be able to train individually and in small groups in common duties of the FY2 in the NHS including:
- Trauma management using ATLS protocol. OP/NP FY2 airway management
- Multiple Adult CPR stations + AED training
- Child CPR and choking stations plus Newborn basic skills examination
- Nasogastric tube insertion Mannequin
- Phlebotomy mannequins
- Glucometers and Diabetic management
- Obstetric mannequins: fetal lie, presentation, fetoscopy
- Gynecological mannequins including pap smear techniques
- Foley catheters: both male and female mannequins + Breast examinations
- HEENT system: Eye and Ear, Thyroid and lymph node examination stations
- Full body mannequins for abdominal, cardiac, respiratory- including
- Pediatric Asthma management stations
- Joint examination stations: Knee /Hip joints + diabetic and alcoholic foot stations
- Testicular examination stations
- Documentation stations: prescriptions, BNF, DNR-DNAR forms, death certificates
- Radiology and ECG interpretation stations
HARD WORK YIELDS GREAT SUCCESS
We look forward to working with you, and in the end celebrating with you!